What are you looking for?
Blackcurrant Seed Oil 15% GLA, Refined
The oil factor
O&3 presents Blackcurrant Seed Oil 15% GLA, Refined
O&3 presents Blackcurrant Seed Oil 15% GLA, Refined. Apply this oil directly to our formulation and you have yourself a high performing ingredient. Or add it into your formulation and shout about its fruitiness on your packaging. Blackcurrants are renowned for their nutrient content so we have tried to maintain as much of this within the final oil by gently cold pressing & refining the oil. The refining process is to give you a more stable oil that maintains wonderful clarity. Omega 3 & 6 essential fatty acids, GLA (gamma-linolenic acid) typically 13-17%, ALA (alpha-linolenic acid), need we go on? Its what we call a classic carrier oil.
- Product nameBlackcurrant Seed Oil 15% GLA, Refined
- Product codeK0070
- FunctionalityRich in essential fatty acids. Omega 3 & 6.
High GLA content (typically 13-17%).
Restores damaged & wrinkled skin. There is not a personal care application you cannot apply it to. High ALA (alpha-linolenic acid) content.
- INCI ListingRibes Nigrum
- Manufacturing MethodO&3 can confirm Blackcurrant Seed Oil 15% GLA, Refined is Expeller Pressed & (Extracted Meal) then Refined
- OriginO&3 can confirm Blackcurrant Seed Oil 15% GLA, Refined origin is Spain.
- Pack Sizes1kg, 5kg, 25kg, 200kg
- CAS Number97676-19-2
- EINCS NumberNot applicable.
- Customs Tariff Code1515 90 99
- REACH StatusO&3 can confirm that Blackcurrant Seed Oil 15% GLA, Refined supplied is exempt as per Annex IV & V according to EU regulations 1907/2006. This product is not chemically modified, it comes under derogation pursuant to EU regulation 987/2008, Annex II, #9. Hence registration is not required for this product. We can also confirm that none of the substances on the SVHC candidate list can be verified in a concentration of >0.1% in our product.
- Food StatusO&3 can confirm that Blackcurrant Seed Oil 15% GLA, Refined IS suitable for food application, only when the appropriate quantity/dilution is used. This material complies with European Food Regulations (i.e. 1881/2006). Please note, if you intend on using this product as a food ingredient we insist you email our Technical Team before doing so for our opinion on the dilution applied to your finished product.
- Cosmetic StatusO&3 can confirm that Blackcurrant Seed Oil 15% GLA, Refined is suitable for cosmetic application. It is not included in the list of substances prohibited in cosmetic products. Neither does it contain parabens, restricted preservatives, colorants or UV filters (Annex II - VI of EU Regulation 1223/2009).