What are you looking for?
Rice Bran, Wax
The oil factor
O&3 presents Rice Bran, Wax
Wax on, wax off! O&3 presents Rice Bran, Wax. This natural vegetable wax is produced from the extraction and filtration process of rice bran oil. The process produces a solid, pale-yellow substance in pellet form which posses a high melt point. This wax is also food grade. The wax is light in colour and carries a low acid value, which is also insoluble in water. Formulators love the ingredient due to its ability to strengthen and thicken formulations whilst delivering a glossy finish. The ingredient is commonly used as an emulsion thickener, gelling agent and antioxidant when incorporated into skin & hair creams. It is a cost efficient and good replacement for Carnauba and Candelilla Wax. Widely used in lip care and sun care formulations. The wax is a sustainable ingredient due to it being a by-product of the Rice Bran Oil production.
- Product nameRice Bran, Wax
- Product codeK0383
- FunctionalityA sustainable ingredient due to it being a by-product of the Rice bran oil production.
It carries a low acid value & high melting point and is insoluble in water.
An ingredient that is good at strengthening & thickening formulations, hence its strength in lip-care products. Food Grade.
A good replacement for Carnauba & Candelilla wax.
- INCI ListingOryza Sativa Bran Cera
- Manufacturing MethodO&3 can confirm Rice Bran, Wax is produced via expeller pressing, filtration & Refining.
- OriginO&3 can confirm Rice Bran, Wax origin is Mexico.
- Pack Sizes25kg
- CAS Number8016-60-2
- EINCS Number232-409-7
- Customs Tariff Code1521 10 00 00
- REACH StatusO&3 can confirm that Rice Bran, Wax supplied is exempt as per Annex IV & V according to EU regulations 1907/2006. This product is not chemically modified, it comes under derogation pursuant to EU regulation 987/2008, Annex II, #9. Hence registration is not required for this product. We can also confirm that none of the substances on the SVHC candidate list can be verified in a concentration of >0.1% in our product.
- Food StatusO&3 can confirm that Rice Bran, Wax is suitable for food application, only when the appropriate quantity/dilution is used. This material complies with European Food Regulations (i.e. 1881/2006). Please note, if you intend on using this product as a food ingredient we insist you email our Technical Team before doing so for our opinion on the dilution applied to your finished product.
- Cosmetic StatusO&3 can confirm that Rice Bran, Wax is suitable for cosmetic application. It is not included in the list of substances prohibited in cosmetic products. Neither does it contain parabens, restricted preservatives, colorants or UV filters (Annex II - VI of EU Regulation 1223/2009).