What are you looking for?
Brazil Nut Oil, Refined Organic
The oil factor
O&3 presents Brazil Nut Oil, Refined Organic
We are nuts about Brazil Nut Oil! O&3 presents Brazil Nut Oil, Refined Organic. Collected from one of the largest trees in Peru, this oil is produced from its wild harvested nuts. Brazil nuts themselves have a high oil content and once extracted delivers good solid skin food. The oil itself is popular in skin and hair care applications. Just like most nut oils its fatty acid profile is a great source for delivering shiny, healthy hair and skin cell regeneration. Rich in omega 6 & 9, it is of no surprise you will find it in many a shampoo formulation.
- Product nameBrazil Nut Oil, Refined Organic
- Product codeK0076
- FunctionalityHigh Omega 6 & 9 content.
Restores damaged & wrinkled skin. Delivers shiny, strong hair.
Utilised in both the personal care & nutritional markets for its internal & external benefits.
Wild harvested in Peru.
- INCI ListingBertholletia Excelsa
- Manufacturing MethodO&3 can confirm Brazil Nut Oil, Refined Organic is Cold Pressed and Refined.
- OriginO&3 can confirm Brazil Nut Oil, Refined Organic origin is Peru.
- Pack Sizes1kg, 5kg, 25kg, 200kg
- CAS Number356065-50-4
- EINCS Number310-127-6
- Customs Tariff Code1515 90
- REACH StatusO&3 can confirm that Brazil Nut Oil, Refined Organic supplied is exempt as per Annex IV & V according to EU regulations 1907/2006. This product is not chemically modified, it comes under derogation pursuant to EU regulation 987/2008, Annex II, #9. Hence registration is not required for this product. We can also confirm that none of the substances on the SVHC candidate list can be verified in a concentration of >0.1% in our product.
- Food StatusO&3 can confirm that Brazil Nut Oil, Refined Organic IS suitable for food application, only when the appropriate quantity/dilution is used. This material complies with European Food Regulations (i.e. 1881/2006). Please note, if you intend on using this product as a food ingredient we insist you email our Technical Team before doing so for our opinion on the dilution applied to your finished product.
- Cosmetic StatusO&3 can confirm that Brazil Nut Oil, Refined Organic is suitable for cosmetic application. It is not included in the list of substances prohibited in cosmetic products. Neither does it contain parabens, restricted preservatives, colorants or UV filters (Annex II - VI of EU Regulation 1223/2009).