What are you looking for?
Basil (Methyl Chavicol Type), Essential Oil
The oil factor
O&3 presents Basil (Methyl Chavicol Type), Essential Oil
Baobab bombastic! O&3 presents Basil, Essential Oil (Methyl Chavicol Type) Indian. This sweet smelling herbal essential oil is produced from the leaves & flowering tops. Commonly used in food flavouring & fragrances, the aroma of Basil is a hard one not to involve in your formulation to achieve a fresh, earthy finished product.
- Product nameBasil (Methyl Chavicol Type), Essential Oil
- Product codeK0049
- FunctionalityA sweet basil scent.
Commonly used in food application in particular meats, as well as fragrance & dental products.
- INCI ListingOcimum Basilicum Oil
- Manufacturing MethodO&3 can confirm Basil, Essential Oil (Methyl Chavicol Type) Indian is produced via Steam Distillation.
- OriginO&3 can confirm Basil, Essential Oil (Methyl Chavicol Type) Indian origin is India.
- Pack Sizes1kg, 5kg, 25kg, 200kg
- CAS Number8015-73-4 / 84775-71-3
- EINCS Number283-900-8
- Customs Tariff Code3301 29 41 00
- REACH StatusPlease see our Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS).
- Food StatusO&3 can confirm that Basil, Essential Oil (Methyl Chavicol Type) IS suitable for food application, only when the appropriate quantity/dilution is used. This material complies with European Food Regulations (i.e. 1881/2006). Please note, if you intend on using this product as a food ingredient we insist you email our Technical Team before doing so for our opinion on the dilution applied to your finished product.
- Cosmetic StatusO&3 can confirm that Basil, Essential Oil (Methyl Chavicol Type) is suitable for cosmetic application. It is not included in the list of substances prohibited in cosmetic products. Neither does it contain parabens, restricted preservatives, colorants or UV filters (Annex II - VI of EU Regulation 1223/2009).