What are you looking for?
Borage Seed Oil 22% GLA, Refined
The oil factor
O&3 presents Borage Seed Oil 22% GLA, Refined
O&3 presents Borage Seed Oil 22% GLA, Refined. This popular oil is utilised in both the personal care & nutritional sectors. This widely grown crop in the UK is highly functional, benefits include high content of GLA (Gamma Linolenic Acid), a key essential fatty acid. In fact this oil is the richest source of GLA hence why it continues to be a popular inclusion in the formulation world. The seed itself is cold pressed which aids in preserving the oils inherent benefits, but we then slightly refine it for those that want a transparent/odourless oil. The GLA content aids wrinkling/ageing, stretch marked skin and applies the necessary nutrients to mend any skin cell damage. Our very own mother applies a few drops a day to her face and that's why she looks 30! ;)
- Product nameBorage Seed Oil 22% GLA, Refined
- Product codeK0074
- FunctionalityHigh GLA content (typically 15-25%).
Restores damaged & wrinkled skin. There is not a personal care application you cannot apply it to.
Utilised in both the personal care & nutritional markets for its internal & external benefits.
A popular oil to be sold on its own, just as it is.
- INCI ListingBorago Officinalis
- Manufacturing MethodO&3 can confirm Borage Seed Oil 22% GLA, Refined is Expeller Pressed & (Extracted Meal) then Refined
- OriginO&3 can confirm Borage Seed Oil 22% GLA, Refined origin is China & UK.
- Pack Sizes1kg, 5kg, 25kg, 200kg
- CAS Number225234-12-8
- EINCS Number281-661-4
- Customs Tariff Code1515 90 99
- REACH StatusO&3 can confirm that Borage Seed Oil 22%, Refined supplied is exempt as per Annex IV & V according to EU regulations 1907/2006. This product is not chemically modified, it comes under derogation pursuant to EU regulation 987/2008, Annex II, #9. Hence registration is not required for this product. We can also confirm that none of the substances on the SVHC candidate list can be verified in a concentration of >0.1% in our product.
- Food StatusO&3 can confirm that Borage Seed Oil 22%, Refined IS suitable for food application, only when the appropriate quantity/dilution is used. This material complies with European Food Regulations (i.e. 1881/2006). Please note, if you intend on using this product as a food ingredient we insist you email our Technical Team before doing so for our opinion on the dilution applied to your finished product.
- Cosmetic StatusO&3 can confirm that Borage Seed Oil 22%, Refined is suitable for cosmetic application. It is not included in the list of substances prohibited in cosmetic products. Neither does it contain parabens, restricted preservatives, colorants or UV filters (Annex II - VI of EU Regulation 1223/2009).
- UN Number