What are you looking for?
Aniseed, Essential Oil
The oil factor
O&3 presents Aniseed, Essential Oil
O&3 presents Aniseed, Essential Oil. This versatile ingredient is used in a variety of applications, including medicine, flavoring & of course cosmetics. With its powerful spicy & sweet aroma the oil it is widely used to flavour or give your formulation a distinct taste hence why you will find it in many toothpastes or alternative oral care products. But do not disregard it when using it in your personal care formulation, it is widely used in soaps, detergents and face masks. This is a relatively pricey oil so our suggestion would be to consider Star Anise as an alternative, you will get the same benefits and profile but at a lower cost. You heard it here.
- Product nameAniseed, Essential Oil
- Product codeK0026
- FunctionalityAnti-inflammatory properties.
A sweet & spicy aroma & taste.
Due to its distinct aroma it acts as a good masking agent in both food & cosmetics. A good ingredient to apply as a fixative in soaps manufacturing.
- INCI ListingPimpinella Anisum Seed Oil
- Manufacturing MethodO&3 can confirm Aniseed, Essential Oil is produced via Steam Distillation.
- OriginO&3 can confirm Aniseed, Essential Oil origin is India.
- Pack Sizes1kg, 5kg, 25kg, 200kg
- CAS Number84775-42-8 / 8007-70-3
- EINCS Number283-872-7 / -
- Customs Tariff Code3301 29 41 00
- REACH StatusPlease see our Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS).
- Food StatusO&3 can confirm that Aniseed, Essential Oil IS suitable for food application, only when the appropriate quantity/dilution is used. This material complies with European Food Regulations (i.e. 1881/2006). Please note, if you intend on using this product as a food ingredient we insist you email our Technical Team before doing so for our opinion on the dilution applied to your finished product.
- Cosmetic StatusO&3 can confirm that Aniseed, Essential Oil is suitable for cosmetic application. It is not included in the list of substances prohibited in cosmetic products. Neither does it contain parabens, restricted preservatives, colorants or UV filters (Annex II - VI of EU Regulation 1223/2009).