What are you looking for?
Annato, Oily Extract
The oil factor
O&3 presents Annato, Oily Extract
O&3 presents Annato, Oily Extract. A Peruvian originated extract, this oil is derived from the seeds of the achieve tree (Annato, Oily Extract). We infuse this product in Sunflower to control both the Colour & aroma of this oil. The Colour is a distinct red-orange due to the various carotenoid pigments in the Annato extract which is found there in the red waxy coating of the Annato seed. Widely used in both the food & cosmetic world as a natural source of Colour. Forget the synthetics!
- Product nameAnnato, Oily Extract
- Product codeK0027
- FunctionalityA natural alternative colorant.
Wild Harvested in Peru & infused in Sunflower oil to control the level of Colour you require.
Added Tocopherol to reduce the rate of oxidation.
- INCI ListingAnnato, Oily Extract (Annato), Helianthus Annus Seed Oil, Aqua (Water), Potassium Sorbate, Tocopherol
- Manufacturing MethodO&3 can confirm Annato, Oily Extract is produced via infusing Annato, Oily Extract with Sunflower Oil.
- OriginO&3 can confirm Annato, Oily Extract origin is Peru & UK.
- Pack Sizes1kg, 5kg, 25kg, 200kg
- CAS Number84650-59-9 / 8001-21-6 / 7732-18-5 / 24634-61-5 / 590-00-1 / 59-02-9
- EINCS Number283-518-1
- Customs Tariff Code3301 29 41 00
- REACH StatusO&3 can confirm that Annato, Oily Extract supplied is exempt as per Annex IV & V according to EU regulations 1907/2006. This product is not chemically modified, it comes under derogation pursuant to EU regulation 987/2008, Annex II, #9. Hence registration is not required for this product. We can also confirm that none of the substances on the SVHC candidate list can be verified in a concentration of >0.1% in our product.
- Food StatusO&3 can confirm that Annato, Oily Extract IS suitable for food application, only when the appropriate quantity/dilution is used. This material complies with European Food Regulations (i.e. 1881/2006). Please note, if you intend on using this product as a food ingredient we insist you email our Technical Team before doing so for our opinion on the dilution applied to your finished product.
- Cosmetic StatusO&3 can confirm that Annato, Oily Extract is suitable for cosmetic application. It is not included in the list of substances prohibited in cosmetic products. Neither does it contain parabens, restricted preservatives, colorants or UV filters (Annex II - VI of EU Regulation 1223/2009).