What are you looking for?
Castor, Hydrogenated (Food grade)
The oil factor
O&3 presents Castor, Hydrogenated (Food grade)
O&3 presents Castor, Hydrogenated (Food grade). This ancient crop and subsequently oil/butter has been used in countless industrial and cosmetic formulations and for good reason. Our Indian Castor comes in a variety of grades depending on your requirements. The high oil content Castor seed delivers a robust oil/butter that serves as a super lubricant, hydrator and due to its water soluble characteristics it is a super base for essential oils. Its a common ingredient in soaps & hair & in this grades sake, food! Not forgetting our production in India supports countless communities in the harvesting and extraction process.
- Product nameCastor, Hydrogenated (Food grade)
- Product codeK0111
- FunctionalityA wide variety of grades depending on your requirements.
A robust, super lubricator.
Water soluble and carries essential oils perfectly.
A sustainably produced ingredient.
- INCI ListingRicinus Communis Seed oil & Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil
- Manufacturing MethodO&3 can confirm Castor, Hydrogenated (Food grade) is produced via Hydrogenation.
- OriginO&3 can confirm that Castor, Hydrogenated (Food grade) Origin is India.
- Pack Sizes1kg, 5kg, 25kg, 200kg
- CAS Number8001-78-3 & 68334-28-1
- EINCS Number232-292-2
- Customs Tariff Code1516 20 10 00
- REACH StatusO&3 can confirm that Castor, Hydrogenated (Food grade) supplied is exempt as per Annex IV & V according to EU regulations 1907/2006. This product is not chemically modified, it comes under derogation pursuant to EU regulation 987/2008, Annex II, #9. Hence registration is not required for this product. We can also confirm that none of the substances on the SVHC candidate list can be verified in a concentration of >0.1% in our product.
- Food StatusO&3 can confirm that Castor, Hydrogenated (Food grade) IS only suitable for consumption when used at the appropriate quantity/dilution. It is therefore essential you contact our technical team for approval so we can understand your application before consuming this product.
- Cosmetic StatusO&3 can confirm that Castor, Hydrogenated (Food grade) is suitable for cosmetic application. It is not included in the list of substances prohibited in cosmetic products. Neither does it contain parabens, restricted preservatives, colorants or UV filters (Annex II - VI of EU Regulation 1223/2009).